Cancer hasn’t stopped, so neither have we. The fight against cancer can’t be cancelled, postponed or rescheduled. That’s why the Northern New Jersey Golf Classic Executive Volunteer Committee is working diligently to plan our 45th Annual Golf Outing to be held on Monday, September 12, at Hackensack Golf Club! Your company can support this awesome event that will raise funds to allow The American Cancer Society to continue to protect cancer patients and spearhead vital research. Let’s not let cancer gain ground, join us as a sponsor or donor!
About The Event
A Message From Northern NJ Golf Classic Leadership
Leon Grassi, Chairman
The American Cancer Society’s Northern New Jersey Golf Classic and Party on the Patio is the premiere outing in Northern NJ that raises funds for the Society’s mission to save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world without cancer. While progress has been made in cancer research, we still have a lot of work to do.
You are invited to join us on Monday, September 12, 2022 at Hackensack Golf Club for a day of first class golf, networking and an inspirational dinner program to help our efforts in finishing the fight against cancer. By bringing together business and community leaders at this event, we are able to support the American Cancer Society’s programs and services.
In the past ten years alone, the Golf Classic has raised over $4 million to help the American Cancer Society continue to fund life-saving research, as well as, free programs and services for cancer patients and their families in our community and across the nation. We know with your participation, we can help to make this cancer’s last century.
Join us as we celebrate our 45th anniversary. You won’t want to miss it!
Schedule of the Day
Check back for details as we get closer to event day!
Get Ready for the Auction
Our premiere silent and live auction is filled with fun experiences and great items! From autographed sports memorabilia to destination trips, you will have a hard time limiting the number of bids you place!
Interested in donating an item to be included in our auction? Please reach out to Carolyn.Lanza@cancer.org
Are you interested in donating an auction item this year?
If so, please contact Carolyn Lanza
Interested in purchasing space in our Ad Journal? Click the “tribute journal” button below to see the different page sizes we are offering.
To learn more about our Golf Outing, please contact Carolyn Lanza, Senior Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the American Cancer Society and how you can help us to save lives,
Please visit cancer.org or call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-800-227-2345.
Corporate and Golf SponsorshipsOptions
starting at $ 40,000Seven Choices
- PRESENTING SPONSOR – $40,000
Naming rights to the Northern New Jersey Golf Classic | Entry for three (3) foursomes and all amenities | Watch party package sent to one (1) home | Recognition on all promo materials, press releases, website and prominent presence on social media | Company banner prominently displayed at the Golf Club | Two-page centerfold in event program| Logo displayed on sponsor board| Recognition on all Tee Signs| Speaking opportunity during evening program| Additional twelve (12) dinner reception tickets.
- MASTER SPONSOR – $20,000
Entry for two (2) foursomes and all amenities | Company logo recognition on all promo materials, press releases, website and prominent presence on social media | Logo displayed on sponsor board | Two-page profile in the event program | Additional eight (8) dinner reception tickets.
- MAJOR SPONSOR – $10,000
Entry for one (1) foursome and all amenities | Company logo recognition on all promo materials, press releases, website and prominent presence on social media| Logo displayed on sponsor board| One-page profile in the event program| Additional four (4) dinner reception tickets.
- PAR FOURSOME – $4,000
Entry for one (1) foursome and all amenities | Company logo on event website| Company logo on a hole & tee sign| Option to place one (1) full-page ad in event program| Recognition on our sponsor board at the event.
- FAIRWAY TWOSOME – $1,300
Entry for two (2) golfers and all amenities
- INDIVIDUAL PLAYER – $650
Entry for one (1) golfer and all amenities.
- PARTY ON THE PATIO TICKET – $175
Entry for one (1) to our fabulous party on the patio including cocktail hour, a delicious all-you-can-eat buffet, access to our premier auction and inspiring awards program as well as entertainment.
- Player amenities include valet parking, golf play, green fees, cart, practice green, fore caddie when available, use of locker room, driving range, on-course hospitality, breakfast, lunch and entry to the dinner reception along with a player gift. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions and protocols, amenities and benefits are subject to change at any time
starting at $ 7,500Four Choices
- COCKTAIL SPONSOR – $7,500
Company logo placed on bar signage as well as cocktail napkins | Recognition on event website, social media and sponsor board at the event | Naming rights of a signature drink| Opportunity to include society approved materials as gifts for guests | Full-page ad in our event program| Ten (10) dinner reception tickets.
- GOLD SPONSOR – $5,000 (Choose one of the following: Event Gift Sponsor, Player Gift Sponsor, Golf Cart Sponsor, Photobooth Sponsor)
Logo placed on signage and items for specific sponsorship selection | Recognition on website, prominent presence on social media and logo on event sponsor board | Half-page ad in our event program| Four (4) dinner reception tickets.
- BRONZE SPONSOR – $1,500 (Choose one of the following: Beverage Cart Sponsor, Putting Green Sponsor, Driving Range Sponsor, Entertainment Sponsor, Golf Ball Sponsor, Rose Sponsor)
Logo placed on signage and items for specific sponsorship selection | Recognition on website and social media| Half-page ad in our event program| Two (2) dinner reception tickets.
- HOLE AND TEE SPONSOR – $500
Company logo place on a tee sign that will be displayed out on the golf course.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and protocols, amenities and benefits are subject to change at any time
What is the Impact of Your Effort and Donation?
- 29% decline in cancer death rates since 1991; more than 2.9 million lives saved.
- By the end of 2018, change grants contributed to more than 915,000 low or no-cost screening exams in underserved communities.
- Nearly 60% of Americans are covered by smoke-free laws, including 25 states, that require 100% smoke-free workplaces, thanks in part to the American Cancer Society’s affiliate, The American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network.
- $4.8 billion invested in research since 1946, funding studies to find the causes of cancer, better treatments and improve the lives of cancer patients
- Nearly 543,000 nights of free lodging and nearly 480,000 free rides to cancer treatment for patients and caregivers
New Jersey (2019)
- 16,800 rides provided to New Jersey patients.
- 5,500 nights of free or reduced cost lodging for New Jersey patients.
- ACS CAN volunteers and staff in New Jersey advocated for and
Congress approved a $2.6 billion increase in medical research funding
for the National Institutes of Health, including $296 million for the
National Cancer Institute in the FY18 budget.
- The American Cancer Society National Cancer Information center responded to 34,000 calls from individuals in New Jersey with cancer questions and concerns.
- 8 research grants invested at New Jersey Institutions searching to find the causes of and better treatments for cancer, and improve the lives of cancer patients.
More up-to-date statistics will be available soon
“The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and
lead the fight for a world without cancer.”
Our Mission: We are a united force against all cancers, and we’re on a mission to save lives and celebrate life. Every single day.
What We’re Made Of: We do this by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring.
What We Do: Every action we take moves us one step closer to a world free from the pain and suffering of cancer. We encourage prevention by advocating for lifesaving changes, promoting early screening, and empowering others to make healthy lifestyle choices. We are relentless in our efforts to raise awareness by honoring the people we’ve lost, supporting those in treatment, and celebrating the lives we’ve saved. We foster innovation by conducting groundbreaking research and funding pioneering scientists. We inspire generosity by motivating communities to donate and mobilizing them to act. We deepen understanding by listening to those in need of support, and guiding them to essential resources. We provide care for everyone affected by cancer by delivering crucial health information and vital patient services.
Double Your Donation
While survival rates are climbing, help cannot come fast enough for the more than 4,000 Americans who are diagnosed with cancer each day. If your company has a matching gift program, please consider completing the appropriate documentation.
How to Submit a Matching Gift Request
1. After an employee makes a contribution to the American Cancer Society, the employee asks their employer to match his/her gift to the Society.
2. The employee fills out a matching gift application form (supplied by the donor’s company), or submits a matching gift request online through their company’s website.
3. The matching gift application form or online verification request should be submitted to the local American Cancer Society office in Manasquan:
American Cancer Society
Attn: Northern NJ Golf Classic 6V2ZAS
2310 Route 34, Suite 1D
Manasquan, NJ 08736
4. Once the gift is verified by the company, the company sends the local American Cancer Society office in Manasquan a check for the match. Payout schedules vary for each company.
2021 NORTHERN NJ GOLF CLASSIC HONOREE
Christine has been a Physician Assistant on the Breast Surgery service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for the last 24 years. Her primary responsibilities lie in the operating room but has worked in surveillance clinics for high risk patients and assisted in research projects.
Christine entered Fairfield University in 1990 as a Biology major and knew she wanted to pursue a job in Health Care. Through her studies, internships, and clinical work, she decided she wanted to pursue a career as a PA. Upon graduation, she enrolled in the Cornell Physician Assistant Program. Her last rotation in PA school was at Memorial Sloan Kettering on the Breast Surgery service and she’s never left.
Twenty years after she accepted the job at MSKCC, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. In the hospital where she had taken care of hundreds of patients with breast cancer, she found herself on the opposite side of the exam table as someone who now needed the care. On her 45th birthday, she underwent bilateral mastectomies with reconstruction and was fortunate not to need chemotherapy or radiation. As a patient and caregiver, she is in a unique position to be able to see situations from multiple angles. She recently was part of a team that created a symptom tracker for patients to complete daily in the weeks following their surgery.
Christine resides in Oradell with her husband, Ken, and their two children, Jonah and Katelyn.
2022 Honoree Announcement Soon!
Northern New Jersey Golf Classic Executive Volunteer Committee
American Cancer Society
Carolyn Lanza, Senior Development Manager
Thank you to all of our distinguished volunteers who serve on the American Cancer Society’s Northern New Jersey Golf Classic Committee. Their tireless work is instrumental to ensuring this event’s continued success.
Interested in joining our committee? Please contact Carolyn Lanza (e): email@example.com